Comment on page
Privacy & Security
OpenG2P is a robust and versatile platform built upon the Odoo framework, providing governments and organisations with a comprehensive solution for delivering benefits efficiently. As OpenG2P handles sensitive beneficiary information including personally identifiable information (PII), maintaining the highest standards of security is paramount.
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA): Building on Odoo's MFA capabilities, OpenG2P allows users to strengthen their authentication process by requiring multiple factors such as passwords, one-time codes, and biometric verification.
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC): Administrators define roles and permissions within OpenG2P, ensuring authorised personnel have access to specific functionalities and beneficiary data while preventing unauthorised access.
- User Groups and Access Rules: OpenG2P builds upon Odoo's user groups and access rules to provide granular control over beneficiary data access, ensuring data confidentiality is maintained.
- OAuth and OpenID Connect: Additionally, OpenG2P's implementation of OAuth and OpenID Connect offers the option to seamlessly connect with Identity platforms such as MOSIP (Modular Open Source Identity Platform). This integration empowers OpenG2P to leverage established identity systems, enabling beneficiaries and users to authenticate securely using their MOSIP credentials. By bridging the gap between OpenG2P and MOSIP, this feature enhances security, reduces authentication friction, and fosters a unified and trusted user experience. This also extends the usage of bio-metric and VC (Verifiable Credentials) based authentications.
- Data Encryption: OpenG2P utilizes Odoo's data encryption protocols to secure data transmission between users' browsers and the server, safeguarding beneficiary data during communication.
- Database Encryption: Sensitive beneficiary data stored in the database is encrypted using established encryption algorithms, providing an additional layer of protection.
- Attachment Security: Files and attachments uploaded to OpenG2P are securely stored in an S3 bucket and accessed only by authorised users, with unauthorised data exposure.